This Post may contain Affiliate Links. Please read our Disclosure for legal jargon.
A beautiful shining marble floor never goes out of trend as marble floors practically scream classic hospitality and never fails to get attention and compliments.
Not just for compliments, but the beautiful surrounding that clean marbles create gives oneself a psychological feeling of satisfaction.
However, as much intriguing as this sounds, maintaining the shine of marbles can give a hard time. Even after regular cleaning, the marble floor can become yellow and lose its shine or stains can occur which are difficult to remove.
But not anymore as the following tips on how to clean marble floor will definitely help to maintain the shine of your marble floor and get rid of all the unwanted stains.
DIYs to Clean Marble Floor:
Dishwashing Liquid with Lukewarm Water:
The basic method for cleaning a marble floor is to add dishwashing liquid in some lukewarm water and then use it to mop the floor, but be careful as you probably don’t want to slip on it in a not so cool way. After washing the floor, make sure to let it dry before walking on it. You can use a clean piece of clothing to dry the floor quickly.
Baking Soda for the Rescue:
If the stains are stubborn like a 1-year-old and don’t want to leave your marble floor, then simply add 2 tbsp of baking soda into a cup of water and make a thick paste.
Then leave this paste on the stain for 30 minutes and then wash it with a clean cloth and boom, the stain will be gone. If you feel that the stain is still there, though the chances of this are very less(because baking soda is amazing cleaner), repeat this step again.
Obnoxious Oil Stains:
If your marble floor is having ugly oil stains stealing the look from your floor, then corn starch can be of great help. Just put some corn starch where the stain is. You can add a tsp of water if you want. Leave it for a day and then wash it with lukewarm water. If the stain still remains, try repeating the process or you can use baking soda.
Also, check out other uses of cornstarch.
Cleaning Bathroom Floor:
For bathroom’s marble floor cleaning, add 2tbsp of bleach in 1-liter water and wash the floor with a soft brush or scrub. Let the mixture settle on the floor for about 5 minutes and then continue with the scrubbing. After this, wash the floor with water and you will notice your bathroom’s marble floor clean and shining.
Following these steps will definitely give a clean, beautiful and shining floor that you have always craved for. However, for further references, the following are some very important tips to be kept in mind when having a marble floor.
Quick Tips to Maintain Your Marble Floors
1. Do not use harmful detergents, alcohol, vinegar, citric acid, etc on a marble floor. If you spill a cold drink or anything related to it by mistake, then quickly clean it before the marble catches a stain.
2. Get your marble floor polished once in every five years to maintain the shine of your floor and make it look always brand new.
3. Use a clean and soft cloth to wash and dry the marble floor. If you will use a dirty piece of clothing, then there would be no benefit from cleaning the floor as the dirty cloth will make the floors dirty again.
4. Always keep door-mats in front of the entrance to avoid shoe stains and the dirt in brings to the floor.
5. Do not drag furniture or heavy stuff on the floor as it will create scratch and scratches are very difficult to remove and make the marble look old and not so classy.
6. Change your water frequently and don’t continue washing the floor with dirty water as it will make no sense. This doesn’t mean that you have to waste water by excessive use but to make sure to change the water once you have utilized enough from it.
7. Do not let your floor dry with air as air drying can end up in creating spots and marks on the marble floor, and trust me, they do not look good at all.
These were some important tips and tricks. By following these easy steps and remembering these tips, you can also have that beautiful shining marble floor that you have always wanted and desired.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your equipment and get ready to wipe out all the dirt and stains and make your marble floor more marvelous or more like marbelous (pun intended) than it has ever been.